Sunday 5 October 2014

Choosing My Fonts for my Poster and Teaser Trailer - Introduction

I need to choose a specific font for my poster and teaser trailer (which will also help create a unified marketing campaign). I did research into fonts, but what I have noticed when looking at other melodramas. I looked at a range of sites.







I found font meme particularly useful as the site organises the fonts by films and genre, so I was able to find fonts used on posters for romantic dramas and melodramas.

Dafont contains many free fonts to download. Though they don't have specific movie fonts, they do organise fonts by categories.

My fonts is another free font site, with 1000s of fonts available to download. The fonts are also organised by category, for easy access.

Fontyukle is an excellent site allowing users to download fonts for free. The only downside is that the fonts aren't organised by category and you have to know the name of the font you want to download.

Finally, Linotype was a useful site as it contains fonts that have been used in films - though you have to pay for the fonts. Once I had identified fonts on this site I looked on fontyukle to see if I could find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment