Tuesday 7 October 2014

Poster Billing Analysis

During my analysis of existing posters and teaser trailers I noticed that one typical convention that kept recurring was the credits or billing that appeared at the bottom of the poster and at the end of the teaser trailer. I am going to include the billing in my poster and teaser trailer so I will analyse existing credits so I can find out the order that things appear in the billing. I will do this for teaser trailers later, but for now I am going to look at the billing of 3 posters from the melodrama posters.






1) The production distribution companies - there is often more than one, sometimes up to 4 or 5.

2) A film by… Name of a director.

3) You often get the name of the biggest star in the film.

4) The name of the film in adverted commas.

5) The names of the rest of the cast.

6) A number of other crew members including casting director, costume designer, production designer, music, editor, director of photography - the order of these things often changes.

7) Executive producers - there are often a number of executive producers.

8) Producers - there are often a number of these (sometimes the biggest star or the director is also a producer.

9) Reference to existing source material based on the novel by…

10) Screenplay

11) Director

No comments:

Post a Comment